A dignified cremation service carried out by our professional staff. Our Direct Cremation (sometimes known as unattended cremation) excludes the traditional funeral features that would normally involve a service or procession and hearse. Our assurance is given that your loved one will still retain all respect, and will remain within our care at our Brentwood funeral home until the day of the service.
While a traditional funeral is perfect for some, it won’t be right for everyone. Our direct burial service, also known as unattended burial offers a simple fuss-free farewell that allows families to celebrate their loved one’s life in their own way.
£1,545 + disbursements
Simple cremation or burial
A lower cost funeral option that includes the essential funeral elements that families deem necessary for a respectful and dignified funeral. Our service attends to all essential admin and necessary staff at the funeral.
£2,245 + disbursements
Traditional cremation or burial
Our traditional cremation or burial package allows you to plan a service for your loved one, ensuring that it will be as individual as they were. The traditional funeral covers a full range of essential features.
£3,065 + disbursements
Fully personalised funeral
Our fully personalised funeral option allows you to plan a funeral service for your loved one, ensuring that their funeral will be as individual as they were. This option covers a full range of essential funeral features.
Price dependant on requirements + disbursements
“Wonderful service. Lovely people to deal with. No fuss, no stress. Perfect.”
£1,475 including disbursements
While a traditional funeral is perfect for some, it won’t be right for everyone. A pure and simple farewell, our direct cremation service, also known as unattended cremation, allows families to celebrate their loved one’s life in their own way.
Included in our unattended cremation service
- Our professional services, attending to all essential administration.
- Collecting the deceased within a twelve-mile radius of our Billericay or Brentwood funeral home. This will be within 3 days of essential paperwork being completed in the death occurs in hospital. We will advise when the deceased is in our care.
- Use of artificial floral tribute.
- Care of the deceased for up to twelve working days before the funeral at our Brentwood or Billericay Funeral Home.
- A suitable coffin of our choice, usually LifeArt Coffins are used. Environmental (Please add size supplement)
- An appropriate vehicle to transport the coffin to the local crematorium of our choice, at the time of our choice.
- Setting up of online donations, no other donation administration is included.
- Necessary staff.
- Return of ashes to our funeral home for collection by family.
- Doctors fee for cremation certificate £82.00
- Cremation fee
- The family cannot attend the crematorium, there is no service or music.
- Full payment in advance of the service is required.
Private Reflection Time –
Whilst Bennetts are aware that there are various reasons to choose unattended cremation, sometimes family may still need some private reflection time. We offer the option for up to twelve people to attend our specially prepared chapel of rest, we will supply up to twelve simple printed sheets with a choice of background, to include a picture of their loved one, a poem, and some additional closing words. We will provide a system on which to play music or family can bring their own. The closed and sealed coffin can be decorated with a simple artificial floral arrangement which can be loaned from us. This reflection time will need to be booked in advance, generally, it will be between 4 pm and 5 pm. Monday to Fridays, not including bank holidays.
The booking of a minister or celebrant will be additionally charged.
- Private reflection time charge £250.
For a detailed explanation of the services and fees included or for an individual quotation call us on 01277 210104 and 01277 627492
[contact-form-7 id=”3378″ title=”*Unattended Cremation Enquiry”]