The staff at our Essex Undertakers will help you to arrange a unique funeral
Arranging a funeral is all about letting you request the personal details, that will make the send off that you have arranged for your loved one, entirely unique, just like they were.
You can specify to your undertaker, every aspect of the service, according to your budget – from transport and flowers, to unusual burial settings. Bennetts Funeral Directors and Undertakers Services can assist you with the planning of a fitting tribute that’s a true reflection of their life.
For anyone who wants to create and arrange a funeral that is unique, alternative or simply within their control, coffins & caskets come in all shapes and sizes. Funeral transport can be just as diverse. Wicker caskets dressed with ivy, woodland funerals, live music, photographs, floral tributes & flowers, lighting candles, releasing doves, creating a ‘life time line’ and horse drawn carriages. The staff at our Essex funeral home have many years of experience arranging unique funerals across Essex. Bennetts Undertakers are able to help you with any of these services.
Remember, to arrange a funeral that is simply unique, it’s often the little things that can make a loved ones final goodbye or celebration more personal. Here are some unique funeral ideas:
- invite guests to wear a bright colour or bring a single bright flower
- hold the service in your home or garden, by the sea, in a woodland
- put something personal on top of the coffin – a favourite hat, scarf, instrument, tool, book, photo
- arrange for friends and family to bring a photo or item that has a memory attached to display, share, talk about
- have a big photo of the person who’s died central to the event
- show a slide show or home movie of the person’s life during the ceremony or at any gathering afterwards
- invite friends to join hands at some point of the funeral service to reflect together: it’s simple, supportive and powerful making a physical connection
- play a favourite song and sing along: it’s cathartic
- light candles, light a fire or lantern, float lit lanterns on water or in the air
- arrange for family and friends to paint or decorate a cardboard or wooden coffin
- get together to prepare the food: bake bread – in the shape of a heart, a plait – and break it together
- have the after-funeral ‘do’ in the village hall, community centre, your home, the local pub
- arrange a barbecue if it’s summer
- have alternative funeral music such as a jazz band or samba band lead a procession up the street and a party in the local hall
- have a bonfire at the beach
- arrange for everyone to write a message and tie it to a tree, a pebble or rock
- hire a horse-drawn carriage for the final journey.
- hold a Woodland Burial, Bennetts Funeral Directors can recommend beautiful, peaceful settings in Essex, and can arrange this for you.
Reading poetry in a circle of oaks in a forest, tying messages of love on trees, setting off fireworks by a bonfire on the beach – anyone can do these things… it’s just about what matters to you, feels right, and best celebrates a unique life and mourns its loss.
If you want to arrange for a funeral after you’ve gone, you can download our wish list, enabling you to state exactly what you would like to happen at your funeral. This is also an opportunity to know that you will be taking the stress of arranging a funeral away from your loved ones, after your death, and they will be able to carry out your wishes exactly to the letter. Its easy to do, download Bennetts funeral wish list, print it out, record your wishes, and then store it with your Will.
Bennetts Funeral Directors of Essex can help you arrange a funeral. Please call us on 01277 210104.
Submit your review
I just wanted to thank you on behalf of my family and I for the absolutely wonderful job you made of my late Father’s funeral. The service your men provided was outstanding and I would like you to thank every one of them for me; they were all so attentive, smart, well spoken and courteous. Thank you Gary, you made something I was dreading much better than I expected. I wish you every success professionally and personally.