Registering a death and Registrar information in Essex
Registration of a death & obtaining a death certificate should take place before arranging a funeral. Bennetts can offer registration advice, from their offices in Billericay and Brentwood.
Death registration information and advice. Here are some valuable points to consider when you need to carry out a registration of a death.
Who can register a death?
- If death occurs at home, arrange for your Doctor or a duty doctor to attend and confirm the death.
- If the death occurs at hospital, the hospital staff will contact those named as next of kin.
- The Hospital or your GP will issue with a Medical Certificate of Cause of Death.
- You should now speak to your funeral director. Bennetts Undertakers will minimise stress and guide you gently through this difficult time.
- Register the death with the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the district in which the death occurred.
The registrar will give a death certificate, and at this point you are then able to carry on with the process of arranging a funeral with your local funeral director.
For further death Registration information and advice, and help with arranging a funeral, contact Bennetts Funerals Directors and Undertaker Services by phone on 01277 210104 alternatively you can visit us in our Billericay or Brentwood offices.