Direct Cremation Funeral Plan.
What is direct cremation?
Direct cremation removes the formality of a traditional funeral service. We arrange collection from the place of death and provide care until the day of the cremation. The prepaid direct cremation plan includes the provision of a basic coffin, sufficient staff to convey the deceased to the crematorium, and the contribution to 3rd party fees.
We will arrange the date and time of the funeral, with no mourners in attendance and no ceremony. The cremated remains are then either scattered at the crematorium or can be made available to the family for collection. Most families who choose this option will arrange for an alternative memorial service after the cremation.
The prepaid direct cremation funeral plan is the most cost-effective way of prepaying for a funeral in advance – and yet the price is often not the deciding factor. In many cases, this approach to the funeral simply sits comfortably with the plan holder’s lifestyle, providing a less emotional way of dealing with end-of-life planning.
What the Direct Cremation Funeral Plan includes
- Provision of professional services and making all arrangements for the funeral
- Advice on the certification and registration of the death and related documentation
- Basic coffin
- Collection and transportation of the deceased to the funeral director’s premises within a 20 mile radius (during working hours)
- Care of the deceased prior to the cremation
- Funeral held on a normal weekday, during working hours
- Suitable vehicle to local crematorium
- Provision of sufficient staff to attend to the coffin as required
- Ashes scattered or available for collection
- Bennetts Administration fee for plan set up and liaising with Open Pre-Paid funerals
What’s not included in the Direct Cremation Funeral Plan
Disbursements, these are third-party costs for essential service paid out on your behalf and are outside the control of the funeral director but will be paid by them, to the third parties at the time of the funeral. They are currently approximately £663 which includes crematorium fees and doctor’s fees.
It is considered prudent to pay an allowance for disbursements as the additional value of the third-party cost allowance included in your plan will grow over time. There will be more to pay at the time of the funeral if the third party costs exceed the allowance when you buy your plan, or if the costs increase by more than the growth of your plan.
Open Pre-paid plan company administration fee, approximately £195