The Role of your Local Funeral Directors for South Woodham Ferrers
For professional low cost funerals in South Woodham Ferrers, talk to Bennett’s your Independent Local Funeral Directors.
As you may know, the role a funeral director is to arrange and organise funerals. But there is a little more to their job than one might imagine. In fact, the funeral director’s role cannot be underestimated.
When arranging funerals in South Woodham Ferrers, first and foremost, the role of the undertaker is one of providing compassionate support and advice on all aspects of those arrangements, whilst, behind the scenes, ensuring everything is managed on your behalf to the highest and most professional standards you would expect.
Before the funeral
- Transferring the deceased to a mortuary or assisting if you prefer the deceased to remain at home or liaising with a repatriation company for deaths abroad
- Organising the deceased to be cared for at a chapel of rest
- Allowing friends and relatives to visit the deceased prior to the funeral
- Placing notices of death in local South Woodham Ferrers papers or national newspapers or on websites
- Assisting with the necessary legal documentation
- Advising on all aspects of the funeral including types of service available and other options such as choices of coffins and caskets, venues and catering, priests or non-religious celebrant, vehicles, music and flowers, Order of Service sheet, donations and types of memorial
On the day of the funeral
- They will ensure that everything goes smoothly on the day according to your wishes and those of the deceased
- Attend to every detail during the day from arranging transport for family and close friends to overseeing the funeral service and procedures at the cemetery or crematorium
- Arrange for the deceased ashes to be provided to you and helping arrange for you to scatter them or preserve them
- Collecting ‘obituary’ or attendance cards so you know who attended
After the funeral
- When required, arranging the deceased or their ashes to be transferred to another location, UK or overseas
- Arranging that funeral flowers and donations are sent to the relevant people, organisation or charity
- Organising that graves and headstones are placed at a suitable time after burial
- Your Funeral Directors for South Woodham Ferrrers offers bereavement counselling services
Your Funeral Directors for South Woodham Ferrrers and funeral planning
At the same time, funeral directors can guide you on how best to plan for your own funeral or that of a loved one, including options for spreading the cost of a funeral with a pre-paid plan and making a record of all your wishes.
Is your South Woodham Funeral Director a member of SAIF?
SAIF members (the national society of allied and independent funeral directors) are independent local funeral directors who will provide a professional and personal service to you and your family. SAIF members have to adhere to strict codes of practice and are inspected every two years.
Bennett’s Funeral Directors for South Woodham Ferrers are members of SAIF and as such we are committed to providing the greatest level of care when arranging all aspects of a funeral, ensuring you receive the standards you expect and deserve. We offer an array of funeral options all clearly outlines from the very beginning so you can chose what is right for you.