Bereavement Support and Grief Counselling Essex
Bennetts Funeral Directors in Essex bereavement support group and grief counselling, provides bereavement counselling to all our Essex families.
Your local funeral home in Essex, Bennetts funeral directors have been helping bereaved families since 1891. More recently though we have been aware that our bereaved families need further support. Bennetts Funeral Directors in Essex are proud to be able to offer a bereavement support group and grief counselling, providing bereavement counselling to all our Essex families.
Bereavement Support for Essex – You are not alone
There will be a point in all of our lives where we will experience a great loss. Whether that loss is someone we love, or something very important to us, grief is the natural and healthy reaction that follows. Grief is best described as a multi-layered and truly personal experience involving a host of emotions from numbness and disbelief to anger, guilt, loneliness, bitterness, and at times, overwhelming sorrow. Losing someone you love is devastating , you want the whole world to stop and take notice, yet life continues all around you, seemingly oblivious, as your own life comes to a crashing halt. What happens now? How could grief counselling or bereavement support even help? it wont bring back the person we lost.
How bereavement affects your life – grief counselling and bereavement support in Essex can help
Suffering a bereavement can significantly disrupt all areas of a person’s life and like any human experience, grief and mourning do not happen in isolation to other areas of our lives. A bereavement can have adverse effects on our relationships, our work performance, our self-esteem and self-image, as well as our physical and mental health. With the average grief period being shown to last between 5 to 8 years, this is a significant part of one’s life to be stuck in limbo. If there were a way to address the grief process, that would reduce this to a much shorter period of time, perhaps by seeking grief counselling and bereavement support, wouldn’t we opt for this in a heartbeat?
Essex Bereavement Support & Grief Counselling with Bennett’s Funerals
Bennetts Funeral Directors are here to help and there are many ways that we can offer support to our bereaved Essex families:
- Bennett’s Bereavement Group in Essex – The Bereavement Support Group was formed in January 2007, and has gone from strength to strength. There are no trained counsellors at the group, just people of all ages, in a likewise situation helping and supporting each other, everyone is made to feel very welcome. Our self help Bereavement Support Group meets on the second Wednesday of every month at St Georges Church Hall just off of the Ongar Road in Brentwood from 1.30pm until 3.30pm. It offers an opportunity for people to come together and receive support and helpful information to guide them following a significant loss. Should you prefer a more structured form of grief support our Grief Journey courses are available at different venues throughout the year
For more information regarding the times, dates and addresses of our bereavement support groups in Essex, please click here
- Grief Counselling with The Grief Journey Portal and Dr Bill Webster – Dr Bill Webster is someone who knows about grief, not just in theory, but from a very difficult personal experience. In 1983, Bill’s young wife, Carolyn, died very suddenly, leaving him to cope with his loss, and to care for their 2 boys, then only 9 and 7. Dr Bill Webster is now the Director of the Centre for the Grief Journey and with his help, Bennett’s Funeral Directors able to offer A Grief Counselling and Bereavement Support Programme, giving practical help and effective strategies by which people can help themselves and others through the grieving process.
- Bereavement Support Newsletter – Every month at Bennett’s Funeral Directors we release a newsletter informing people of our activities and future plans in and around the community, so you can keep up to date with all upcoming events.
- Bereavement Courses and Grief Support Seminars – Over many years, we at Bennetts Funeral Directors recognised that support was needed for the bereaved in our community. To this end, we started our own Bereavement Support Group in 2007 and in 2010 began a series of Grief Journey courses following facilitator training from Dr Bill Webster, a grief counsellor with 25 years of experience supporting grieving people. Courses are held at various locations throughout Essex and are open to anyone who wishes to attend, these courses are provided FREE.
Grief Support Seminars deal with a host of bereavement issues such as:
- Social Perspectives on Grief and Loss
- Bereavement support following a traumatic loss
- Crisis Intervention
- Cumulative grief
- Children and Grief Support
- The Loss of a Child
- Coping Mechanisms
- Support Strategies for Bereavement Counselling
For the further information on our FREE Grief Counselling and Bereavement Support Seminars with Dr Bill Webster please call Lucienne on 01277 627492, alternatively please go to the Grief Journey Essex Website.
How Bereavement Support from Bennetts can help in other areas of your life
Grief counselling and bereavement support within Bennetts Funeral Directors is designed to help you feel understood and not so alone, but there are also
other ways in which we can help. Our local undertakers in Essex can offer bereavement support, grief counselling as well as practical information and
when your ready, ideas on how to celebrate the life of your loved one.
- Practical information – There are many essential and practical issues to be dealt with and will require immediate attention right after someone dies. As well as offering bereavement counselling, Bennett’s Funeral Directors in Essex can offer helpful information and practical advise on dealing with some of the issues that may arise.
- Celebrate the life of your loved one – As well as receiving help through grief counselling and bereavement support, celebrating the life of your loved one can be a very positive way of helping you to deal with the grieving process. A permanent memorial, raising money for charity or setting up a tribute fund are just a few of the ways you can do this.
Bereavement Support Group and Bereavement Counselling in Essex
It has been proven that bereavement support or grief counselling can help the bereaved to deal with the grief process in the best possible way. Bennett’s Funeral Directors, working in Billericay, Brentwood and across Essex, can help with bereavement support, grief counselling and practical information, so you benefit from our support when you need it most. If the help we can offer you would result in you being able to enjoy and lead a fulfilled life again, wouldn’t it be worth it? Bennetts Funeral Directors in Essex bereavement support group and grief counselling, provides bereavement counselling to all our Essex families.
Submit your review
Just a quick note to thank you and your helpers, for giving your time to the recent Bereavement Group in Essex. Surprisingly to me, I found it more helpful than one to one counseling. Listening to people other than myself baring their souls gave me some comfort. Once again thanks for your time and effort, it was greatly appreciated.