How do I plan and arrange a funeral – Arranging a funeral guide.
A funeral home guide to planning & arranging a funeral, from funeral services to funeral checklists, its important to make the correct funeral arrangements.
Should you be in the position of having to arrange a funeral, Bennetts Undertakers of Essex can help, here are some initial points to consider when arranging a funeral.
As well as talking to your local Funeral Home, talk to family and friends, they can offer emotional support as well as helpful advice on how to make funeral arrangements, and arranging a funeral checklist can also be very helpful.
Did the bereaved leave any written wishes with your local funeral home or solicitor, as to the type of funeral they would want, perhaps a woodland burial, or non-religious service. Bennetts Undertakers have many years of experience and can guide you through all options available.
You will need to consider the choice of coffin, casket or urn, as well as funeral transport and memorial masonry.
Our funeral home and undertakers services, offer a high level of dedicated funeral care. We will guide you on how to plan a funeral, making sure that the funeral arrangements are made in accordance with your wishes, and those of the deceased.
Bennetts Funerals have experience in planning and arranging funerals across all religions and cultures and are here to help make sure that every funeral arrangement is a unique tribute to a unique life. Funeral arrangements can be discussed at your home, our offices or another location such as a solicitors office or friends home.
When planning a funeral, it is important that the person making the funeral arrangements can give instructions and make decisions regarding the funeral details. This person will also be responsible for arranging payment and handling other funeral costs.
Initial points to consider when arranging a funeral
- Whether it will be a burial or cremation
- Where the funeral will take place (church, cremation chapel, cemetery chapel, graveside, elsewhere) We will then liaise with the necessary parties to agree a day, date and time for the service, to meet your requirements.
We will also need to know:
- The age, full name, and address of the deceased
- The location where the deceased is resting
- The name and contact details of the deceased’s doctor
- Whether a death certificate has been issued
- Whether the funeral arrangements will be religious or a non-religious (humanist) ceremony
- Full details of your wishes regarding the services of a minister will be needed, if one is needed
We can also help to explain all you need to know about the funeral arrangements, including:
- Creating a funeral checklist
- The choice of coffin or casket
- Dealing with funeral costs and budgeting
- Dressing the deceased
- Arranging the minister
- Funeral venue
- Funeral transport
- Writing and placing an obituary
- Alternatives to religious funerals
- Newspaper obituary
- The choice of music or poetry for the service
- Organising funeral flowers or donations
- Preparing a eulogy
- Funeral hymns
- Order of Service stationery
For more information on your guide to arranging a funeral, call our team of undertakers on 01277 210104. Our Brentwood & Billericay staff can help you with any aspect of funeral planning.